Om Gurubyo Namaha
Timing of Marriage
I have been asked by many people to write about timing of marriage of an individual using the common tools, namely, Dasha & Bhukti and Transit of planets. This is an outline on this subject and details are available in various classical texts.
CLASSIFICATION OF MARRIAGE
When we receive a horoscope for determination of time of marriage we have to see under what classification the individual falls. In olden days the girls were married at a tender age of 12 – 14 years which was considered normal. But in today’s context we have to rewrite this classification and with my experience I would define these categories as follows:
1. Early Marriage – Before 22 years
2. Normal Marriage – 23 to 26 years
3. Late Marriage – 27 to 30 years
4. Delayed Marriage – 31 to 33 years
5. Denial of Marriage –34 years & beyond
I shall enumerate certain important combinations in the chart which points to above categories. These combinations are only significant ones and students are advised to do their own research by referring to classical texts.
1. Venus in Lagna/ 7th house
2. Venus in own house /exalted, 7th Lord in a benefic sign
3. Venus + Mars combination in 7th house
4. Lagna Lord in 7th and 7th Lord in Kendra
5. Lagna Lord + 7th Lord in Lagna
6. Venus in 6th house with either Sun or Mars.
7. Lagna Lord closer to 7th House
1. The Lagna / Lagna Lord, 7th House / 7th Lord, Venus & Moon should be clear of malefic influence.
2. Venus & 7th Lord occupy good Navamsha sign.
1. Saturn in Lagna / 7th House.
2. Saturn aspect on Lagna / 7th House /Lagna Lord / 7th Lord
3. Saturn influence on Venus/Rahu/Moon
4. Venus occupying Mars /Saturn Navamsha.
1. Saturn + Mars in Lagna / 7th House or their influence on Lagna Lord / 7th Lord and Lagna & 7th House.
2. Venus and Moon afflicted by Saturn and Mars
3. 7th House / 7th Lord afflicted with malefics without any benefic aspect.
4. Venus in Papakartari Yoga
5. Venus in 8th House
Denial of Marriage
1. Venus in 8th House with Mercury / Saturn
2. Venus debilitated both in Rashi & Navamsha.
3. Lagna /7th House and their Lords in fixed signs & Moon in moveable sign.
4. Venus combust, debilitated and in Papakartari Yoga
5. Malefics in Lagna, 7th &12th House with waning Moon in 5th House.
6. Affliction of 2nd / 7th House and planets posited in fixed signs.
7. Lagna Lord, 7th Lord and Venus posited in Saturn Navamsha.
8. Natural Karakas for marriage, namely, Venus, Moon & Rahu are all highly afflicted.
9. If Venus in seventh House or the Seventh Lord or the Lagna Lord of Navamsha is all afflicted then one can say that it amounts to no marriage. It would rather be better if such a person’s does not marry.
Note: The combinations enumerated above are pri·ma fa·cie indicators and should not be taken as conclusive. We have to take into consideration other factors, such as, Shadbala, Avasthas, Yogas operating at that time and dispositors of karaka planets. For example, a debilitated Saturn may push the category up from delayed to late marriage and an exalted Saturn may bring down the category from late to delayed marriage.
TIMING OF MARRIAGE
Dasha & BhuktiThe individual (during marriageable age) may get married during following conditions.
- Dasha of 7th Lord, planets occupying 7th house, planets aspecting 7th house
- Dasha of dispositor of 7th Lord, Lord of Navamsha occupied by 7th Lord
- Dasha of natural karakas, namely, Venus, Rahu & Moon
- Dasha of Lagna Lord and Bhukti of 7th Lord.
- Dasha / Bhukti of 2nd Lord
- Dasha of planets with 7th Lord / aspecting 7th Lord
Double Transit Method
Many modern astrologers have done research, notably Sri. KN Rao, who have formulated a theory that marriage can be predicted using the transit of two important planets namely, Saturn and Jupiter, supplemented by transits of Mars and Moon to narrow the window of marriage. We all know that nothing good in life can take place without the blessings of Jupiter and Saturn and marriage is one such event. The conditions postulated are as follows:
- Add Longitude of Lagna Lord and 7th Lord. When Jupiter transits this point / its trine/7th from it, marriage is likely.
- Add Longitudes of Janma Nakshatra Lord and 7th Lord. When Jupiter transits this point /its trine, marriage is likely.
- Jupiter transits / aspects the Rashi occupied by Navamsha dispositor of Lagna Lord.
- Lagna Lord transit of 7th House
- Male gets married when Jupiter transits natal Venus or its dispositor or their trines.
- Female gets married when Venus transits natal Mars or its dispositor or their trines.
- Astakavarga system gives many transits indicating marriage.
Please note that the conditions specified above may occur many times in an individual’s life but after ascertaining his classification for marriage, consider the nearest to that age.I have used this method and am confidant to state that it gives fairly accurate results, while I have come across people who are not convinced about this method. I do not wish to get into any dialogue on this issue and leave the choice to the readers.Remember that any transit prediction arrived at has to be corroborated by Dasha & Bhukti running at that time. If they are at variance, then Dasha & Bhukti prediction will prevail.
This is a question which crops up time and again. Look for intense connection of 5th Lord, 7th Lord & 9th Lord either by conjunction or aspects. This condition has to be met even though many other combinations have been postulated. Rahu’s involvement with Lagna or 7th House indicates inter caste marriage.Conclusion
- Transit Saturn should aspect Lagna Lord and / or 7th House
- Transit Jupiter should aspect 7th Lord and / or Lagna
- Saturn and Jupiter can reverse their role.
- Mars and Moon meeting above conditions will narrow the timing to month / days.
- Maximum conditions must be fulfilled.
Over a period of time, I have done extensive study of many horoscopes and have arrived at the points enumerated in this article. Inputs from classics and reference books by learned astrologers have also helped me immensely. I have been fortunate to have had a meaningful dialogue with many renowned astrologers on this subject and that has also given me several inputs. The point discussed here are no means exhaustive and I would urge the students to do more research and the following books may be used as reference.
Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra
How to Judge a Horoscope Volume II – 7th House by Dr BV Raman
Ashtakavarga by Dr BV Raman
Books & Articles by Sri KN Rao on Double Transit Method
Practical Vedic Astrology by Sri GS Agarwal
Jyothirgannadi by Ramakantha (Kannada Classic)
Clarification on personal matters constitute consultation and this involves money.
Please do not ask for free consultation.Such mails will be ignored and deleted.